Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sequestered

I appear to have hit the glass ceiling.  I really avoid addressing my work situation here but I'm frustrated out of my gourd.  I was convinced from any early age I could reach the highest levels in my chosen career.  My projects have always been critical to the financial success of my company, I chose tasks which afforded increasing levels of responsibility.  I believe I'm very good at what I do.

It started a few months ago when I was told I had a conflict of interest and I was being taken off one of my biggest clients.  That big client is my husband's company.  This situation had not presented a problem in the past and I'm positive I could have represented my company's interests as I always had.  It was not to be by the powers that be and the bad news was delivered as I traveled to a meeting at said husband's company.  Through text message, the vice president told me to go back to my office.  To say I was pissed is an understatement.

And today, just as another project (x) was getting really good, I was taken off.  I was told by the CEO this time that I was not to communicate with the staff and all inquiries or contact by them should be referred to the CEO's office.  And this was one hour before a meeting regarding project x started.  Several people knew I was coming to that meeting; I called them this morning to tell them that.

After the meeting started, 2 people called me saying, "Where are you?"  "I'm in my office." "Why?"

I played coy saying I was told not to go.  Who told me not to go?  I told them I didn't know.  Lie.

It's nice to be remind in the 21st century that as a woman, you're not the "go to" person.

3 comments:

  1. Airing - I am sorry your job seems to be going in the wrong direction. It sounds very demotivating. Is there the ability to interview with a different company in the same field? I will ask St. Joseph tonight to intercede for you and your job situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you're having job woes. I agree with JBTC, could you go to another company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this stinks. Sorry love. I bet you could go work for the competitor and kick some booty:)

    ReplyDelete