Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Men & Thanksgiving

To all the men in America that decided to schedule "game changing" meetings and events two days before Thanksgiving, piss off.  I think men feel free to do this kind of thing because they expect their wives to handle the domestic stuff entirely on their own even when their wives have full time jobs.  [I'm talking about all men besides my husband who has done a stupendous job helping around the house.]

My husband has what promises to be a three hour meeting tonight, and he's sick and he won't slow down to rest.  I normally always attend these meetings but I'm on fence given all the things I still have to do at home to get ready for the family on Thursday.  One of my husband's distant relatives past away last week and how they decided to schedule the funeral on Wednesday is beyond me.  Don't get me wrong, I pray for the repose of his soul however, if I were scheduling my husband's funeral, God strike me dead if I do it a day before a major holiday.

Because of this funeral my in-laws will be staying with us Wednesday night which means I'll be scrubbing my kitchen floor right in front of my father-in-law.  Perhaps others are more intimate with their father-in-law, but I find this humiliating.  The next two days are going to be painful.

On a fertility note, God smiled down on me and made sure I (probably) ovulated well before all this bad stuff went down.  We used Saturday and Monday night which I'm guessing since peak day hasn't arrived, but P-2 and peak day.  I think I was having ovulatory pain on Sunday, so Saturday is our best shot.  After all this time, I'm skeptical and totally baffled how anybody gets pregnant at all.  I know I'm generalizing but conception is a miraculous event given all that can go wrong.      

No comments:

Post a Comment