Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What?

I'm getting an indication that my company might not be reimbursing a business lunch I had last week.  Geez, it's not like it was a pleasure trip.  I'm trying to drum up business here.  And having lunch on the company has happened three times in the last five years.  Thanks people.  [UPDATE] Actually, my boss was pretty nice about it although they categorized it as a per diem lunch rate.  So, although the lunch was $22, they capped it at $15.  Not great but not bad.

My July travel schedule is all screwed up.  We were supposed to go to Colorado for a mini-vacation but then my husband said he'd be flying in Tuesday afternoon and flying out Thursday morning.  That hardly seemed worth the expense so he's going without me.  I really don't care about that but this was supposed to be kind of a birthday celebration.

My family members in California are flying to the Midwest in early July to see one of my sister's get a promotion.  I have all kinds of problems with this.  I decided I wasn't going (and I'm the only one not going) but haven't yet explained this to my sister.  I don't want to go into it but I think this sibling needs to get over here to see us rather than have all of us visit her all the time.  Which is what's happened for the last five years.

[UPDATE] I did have a wonderful email exchange with the sister in question.  She can really be thoughtful and giving when she tries.  So, we love each other and will work it out.

Ahh! [UPDATE] Back to good.

No comments:

Post a Comment