Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Closing

It's strange.  I've had a million and one interesting things to write about over the last week and haven't moved a muscle to get it done.  Maybe it's a fear of revealing too much or delving into topics most readers wouldn't be interested in (other than my deep sadness and grief over the massacre in Norway), or recounting discussions with friends that reinforce a lot of ignorance about infertility and NFP.  And these are with CATHOLICS!!!  I feel so separate (not the same as bad or sad) from the female NFP community.

I did read matchingmoonheads recent post about NFP Awareness Week and I think it's all very good.  I'm glad my husband and I learned NFP and went through the NaPro infertility testing.  More education is never a negative thing.  But I see the limitations of NFP that others might have not seen.  Did I lose time?  Maybe.  But it's not enough time to warrant much regret.  We're not out of much money or time spent on the tests.  Life is more than trying to get pregnant.  And your faith can deepen without NFP and struggling with infertility.  I don't believe infertiles like me have cornered the market on suffering.

Where this blog has taken me has not allowed for my very necessary nuances.  I'm not much of a poster child for the success of NaPro so I'm not worried about not remaining an educational resource for others.  I painted myself into a corner.  So instead of being dramatic about it, OK lightly dramatic, I'm going to close down the blog in a short amount of time.  I'm not going private.  I'm not writing anymore.

I have lots and lots of hope for the future because I know that God holds me close.  I'm excited for what's coming and pray for every one of you in the Catholic infertile community.  Blessings to you now and always.  

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand. Sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and give ourselves time. I will pray for you friend and look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you too! I hope we can still keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're closing up. Hope it's a good break, and hope to see you writing again in the future!

    ReplyDelete