Thursday, September 15, 2011

Am I back?

I've just got to post this:  (Taken from SacredSpace)

God will not let me go. For I must be brought into that divine love, and in turn display it to others in my life. ‘You must therefore be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect’, Jesus says (Matthew 5:48). Especially, this perfection is meant to be a mirror of God’s own love, which reaches out to all humanity. Such a universal love can seem impossible to us - particularly when it includes a spirit of forgiveness towards those who offend us (cf Matthew 6:12-17; and 18:21-35). How can all this be possible? How can I, in my frail and so limited humanity, reach out in such a way? How can one forgive, particularly when there has been dreadful hurt and injustice, and no acknowledgement of the wrong perpetrated?

‘Lord, I simply cannot love in this way. I cannot be perfect, even as you are perfect! So, my dear Lord, reach deeply into my heart with your redeeming, purifying love. Gift me with your love. And then I know your love will reach out from me, despite my weakness, and in the ways you know best. Amen’.

1 comment: