Thursday, April 29, 2010

NFP Ignorance

I've had the same primary care doctor for eleven years. She's wonderful. I have always felt I've received great care from her and her staff. My husband and I began using natural family planning right after we got engaged. I told my doctor this and she suggested I get on folic acid right away because "you can never be sure with that method." Close friends told us we were playing Russian roulette.

After a few months, we trusted that Creighton did work to avoid pregnancy. Um, so how about achieving pregnancy? That concept was not covered in our NFP classes. In fact, it was only after three months of not being about to get pregnant did our NFP teacher tell me it took her and her husband seven months to get pregnant with their third child. Boy, I wish she would have shared that with me earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment